What is a Network Interface Card and where can I get one?

by: wogglymasterUser:wogglymaster

Submited: Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 02:14:00 PM

Geekiness: 4

category: Computer Hardware

We are trying to get Verizon FiOS on our computer, but it requires a NIC, which we don't have. We can't shop online, out of the question.

User:ThePlazThePlaz Saturday, August 4, 2007 at 10:59:06 AM

It's an Ethernet card. It looks like a phone jack, except wider. Almost every computer made in the last 3-4 years comes with one.

If you don't have one, every electronic store should sell them. I recommend Micro City if one is in your area. There's one in Villanova, PA right off I-476

User:SJTechZoneSJTechZone Monday, March 9, 2009 at 02:23:43 PM

it has an RJ45 jack and it's purpose is to allow you to access an Ethernet network. you also need a cable I would suggest using CAT5E because it is the cheapest solution that performs at the speed you want.

Different Answer

Go Back

Random Question

Return Home