Tecker does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of information posted on Tecker. All questions and answers are provided by the Tecker community. You agree that any use you make of such responses is at your own risk and that Tecker is not responsible for any losses resulting from your reliance on any Tecker information. Tecker information should never be used as a substitute for advice from a qualified professional. Tecker responses should not be used on any mission or life critical systems. These systems include, but are not limited to systems running security software, elevators or any moving machinery, or hospital equipment.
The information submitted to Tecker is not a subsitute for a paid professional who can understand your specific problem, as well as the causes behind it, better.
By submitting a question to Tecker, you acknowledge that Tecker is not responsible for any answers you receive or do not receive, and you agree to hold Tecker harmless from any loss, harm, injury or damage resulting from or arising out of your submission of information or your use of or reliance on any answer thereto.
Special Admonition For Tecker Relating To Financial Matters
Tecker may contain investment information. Please read and understand all investment matters as well as contact an investment professional.
None of the information contained on Tecker constitutes a recommendation by Tecker that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. You must make your own independent decisions regarding any security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy mentioned on the website. Securities' past results are not necessarily indicative of future performance. Tecker guarantees no specific outcome or profit, and you should be aware of the real risk of loss in following any strategy or investments discussed on the website. The strategy or investments discussed may fluctuate in price or value and you may get back less than you invested. Before acting on any information contained on Tecker, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and strongly consider seeking advice from your own financial or investment adviser.
Special Admonition For Tecker Answers Relating To Health Matters
Tecker is provided for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information on this site. No health information on Tecker, including information about herbal therapies and other dietary supplements, is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore the information should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the supervision of a medical doctor.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
- YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
Services are available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old, whether acting on their own behalf or as an authorized employee or representative of a corporation or other business entity. If you do not so qualify, do not attempt to register for or use the Services.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
- to abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Tecker users;
- to contribute any Content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
- for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content;
- to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Tecker user;
- to create or submit unwanted email ("Spam") to any other Tecker users or any URL;
- to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws);
- to submit questions or answers linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes, sites/blogs repurposing existing stories (source hops), or off-topic content;
- with the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE
By uploading, submitting or otherwise disclosing or distributing Content of any kind at or on the Site or otherwise through the Services, unless source quoted, you represent and warrant that you own all rights in the Content and you agree that the Content will be subject to the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License and any subsequent editions of the license, available at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS
You acknowledge that Tecker has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Tecker from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Tecker makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Site, and Tecker will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site. THE SERVICE, CONTENT, AND SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Tecker has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Tecker is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Tecker shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL Tecker OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (I) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), OR (II) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) $100. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Tecker may contain trademarks help by parties other then Tecker in order to describe a company, product and/or service. Such trademarks remain property of their respective owners.
This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that Tecker does not own or control, or to individuals that Tecker does not employ or manage.
What Personal Information About Users Does Tecker Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. We collect the following types of information from our users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as:
- Registration: In order for you to use Tecker services, such as submitting questions and answers to the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require your email address. This lets us prevent automatic signups and notify you of information about Tecker. Your first and last name are optional, this lets us personalize the site for you as well as let our users see that there is a real person behind the username.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Tecker automatically receives and records certain "traffic data" on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Tecker cookie information, and the page you requested. Tecker uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Tecker may also add on any page display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes member profile pages.
- Social sharing of data: Tecker allows other users to browse questions and answers that you have submitted, blogged, or commented on. This information is made available via your member profile, within the permalink URL, or other places. Tecker may choose to post this data on other site features in the future.
- Profile information: Tecker allows other users to browse any information you submit to Tecker.
- Syndication: Tecker allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the website.
- Friends Data: Much like other social services Tecker allows non-friends to browse through your friends activities.
- API: Tecker may allow 3rd parties access to all Tecker data this is already publicly available through Tecker.net. Tecker will forever keep private passwords and blog settings.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Tecker will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
What About Cookies?
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. You must have cookies enable to log in to Tecker.
Will Tecker Share Any of the Information it Receives?
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
- Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Tecker, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Protection of Tecker and Others:
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Tecker, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by opting out.
Is Information About Me Secure?
- Your Tecker account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access some of your personal information on our website and correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as posting questions or answers.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What Personal Information About Users Does Tecker Collect?" section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to log in to Tecker.
Can Children Use Tecker's Services?
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the Tecker website. As a result, Tecker does not specifically collect information about children.
Conditions of Use
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
Our policy is to comply with all intellectual property laws and to act quickly upon receiving any notice of claimed infringement. If you believe that your work has been reproduced on this website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement
To file a formal copyright infringement notification with Tecker, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Copyright Act to confirm these requirements):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Such written notice should be sent by certified mail to our designated agent as follows:
DMCA Complaints ATTN:Tecker 701 Lee Road, Suite 300 Chesterbrook, PA 19087
Please also note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.